[ Antworten ] [ Ihre Antwort ] [ Forum www.kanadanews.de ]

Abgeschickt von maxim am 25 Juni, 2003 um 01:33:09:

hallo

für alle träumer

diese story findet man in der zeitung www.thestar.com aus toronto

einfach mal zum nachdenken

bonne chance

maxim

PS ein besseres übersetzungsprogramm ist auf www.linguatec.de zu finden - aber man muss damit arbeiten können und nicht so doof sein wie B....

Rules put bite on dentist

ALLAN THOMPSON

Q I'm an Israeli dentist with a prestigious university education and 19 years of solid clinical experience. Last fall, I decided to immigrate to Canada and applied for a permanent resident visa under the skilled worker category. My application was approved in only three months and we should get our visa any day now. To be registered to practise dentistry in Canada, I have to take an eligibility exam, spend two years in a "degree completion program" in a university dental school and take the national dental board exam. These programs cost from $45,000 to $60,000 a year, living expenses not included, and are full-time, so there's not much of a chance to work. These fees are 50 per cent more than the regular dental student fees in the same school of dentistry. I wonder why. I'm landing with my family — wife and three kids — and this expense is impossible, so I'll have to look for other employment opportunities. Isn't this really missing the point of the "skilled worker" category? The absurdity is that I was granted an immigration visa because of an education and work experience that I'm unable to use. Is there a chance that this situation may change in the near future? Of course, it's understandable that foreign dentists have to be tested and evaluated before being licensed, like in Australia, New Zealand and the U.K. and some states in the U.S., but Canada's obstacle puts the planned immigration in great difficulty.

AYour letter is worth publishing as an illustration of the hurdles faced by some of the highly skilled workers that our immigration program seeks to attract. The immigration minister has pledged to work with provincial authorities to streamline the professional accreditation requirements. A parliamentary committee recently recommended that the immigration department do more to ease the adaptation process for new immigrants. It also urged the government to give more information to potential newcomers when they are still in their country of origin. Unfortunately, none of this will help you to be accredited to work in this country quickly.

Antworten:

Ihre Antwort

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Text:

Optionale URL:
Link Titel:
Optionale Bild-URL:

[ Antworten ] [ Ihre Antwort ] [ Forum www.kanadanews.de ]